Today - Sunday, Aug. 7, 2011 - we were officially set apart as missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Our Stake President - Ryan Richards invited us to come to the Stake offices at 12:30 to be set apart.

We also invited Roger's mom - Eileen Mahaffey, his sister Barbara & Richard Veatch, and our friends Kraig & Nelleen Moll. Our friend Dennis Spencer and his son Alex (Sheri was out of town) also came, but too late for the picture.

There was a wonderful spirit in that room. President Richards spoke briefly to us, then he along with the other men, set Roger apart. Then they all set me apart. Of course, I cried throughout the entire proceeding! Shocker, right? We listened very closely and Pres. Richards DID bless both of us with the Gift of Tongues. So, I feel we'll be able to do well with our French now. We feel ready and anxious to get started. We also feel humbled and overwhelmed at the task in front of us. I now have 2 more favorite scriptures: 3 Nephi 5:13 and Isaiah 41:13. And a new saying: "Think of what I could accomplish if I weren't afraid !" We'll probably be using them often on our mission. A wonderful woman named Chieko Okasaki died last week. She was the first Asian woman to serve in the General Board of Relief Society. She used to keep a picture of the Savior in her bathroom & each morning she would look at the picture, point to Him and then herself and say, " ... Just you & me... Let's get this done ..." We feel the same. MTC here we come!
1 comment:
That is so exciting! You will be wonderful!
Post a Comment