Tuesday, December 25, 2012

2nd and Last Christmas on our Montreal Mission

It's our last Christmas. We had already had the kids do things for the missionaries, and the Elders from Hawkesbury were staying there for Christmas, so we didn't expect much of a Christmas day.  But, it looks like we did okay....
Linda McCaskill gave us a present with All Things Canadian inside....
Mark & Debbie Davis remembered us:
Connie & Sheila Merpaw:
Cameron and Lindsay Sanders:

And the Monroes:
who also sent their pictures:

Then I gave Roger his CAN-MAN:

And he gave me some photo albums and a Hippo necklace:

There's a story behind this. All during December we would hear on the radio a song called: "I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas".  So, as a joke I started singing it all the time. So, E.Mahaffey actually went on line and searched and searched and found me a blinged-out Hippo necklace!  We really laughed and laughed.  How many other women can boast of having a Hippo necklace? What a wonderful companion I've got!
For Christmas we made Transfer Board cards to each of our grand-children. We made them look just like the real ones we used in the office for the missionaries we had.  We sent them a picture of our President's office where he uses the transfer board cards to place each missionary in a certain area and with a certain companion:
We put each of their pictures on the card and the year they would be eligible to go on a mission. Here are some pictures of them on the refigerator of the Mahaffey home:
and the Monroe home:
(of course, when we got them all done, we mailed them all out before we took a picture...  so I had to get a few pictures after the fact.)  We are hopeful that every time the kids look at the cards, they will be reminded that it won't be long when they can serve a mission.

No comments: