What do you know? We arrived at th,e Monroe's home just in time to participate in the Monroe Olympics - organized by Tanner. Of course, it was probably the hottest and most humid day of the year! (and, since we were going to be playing outside, I didn't think I'd need to put on any make-up or do my hair...note to self.... there's ALWAYS a camera around!) My disclaimer up front is that we didn't get pictures of everything & got so involved in the competition, that we just forgot sometimes!
Tanner called us all to the starting lines for the first event... the obstacle course (which is, of course, one of the events I didn't get pictures of ):
Team Papa / Devon claimed the gold medal. But Team Tanner/ Nana came in second... of course,
the silver medal wouldn't fit over my head! Third place and the bronze medal was Team Kaden/Trevor.
The next competition was a bocce ball competition :
The last event... thank heaven.... was a water balloon toss. A welcome refreshment at the end of a very sweaty competition. (thanks to my techno-wise kids Brooke and Lindsay, I have discovered a very cool app that puts your pictures into a collage, so you may see this type of picture waaaaay more!)
It was a fun day- and way more fun than those 'other' olympics that took place this summer in London!



No comments:
Post a Comment