Friday, February 10, 2012

What a winter...

The locals here say we have had a very different winter than normal. There has been less snow, but more freezing rain. There have been more mild temperature days than bitter cold. Well, I'm not sure what life might have been like for us had we been here during any other winter... but if this winter is so much lighter than it has ever been... why does our parking lot look like this:

...A solid sheet of ice as far as the eye can see. We walk out to the car every day like two little old ladies... little tiny steps, very close together, so as not to fall or slip on the ice. So, while the locals are basking in the sun and declaring it is spring-like weather when it is only 28 degrees... I will be waiting for the snow plow, the ice melt, and the mercury in the thermometer to shoot out the top! We obviously have not become a true Candians.... yet...

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Didn't you bring your ice skates? I can just see you and dad doing twirls around the parking lot!