Monday, May 2, 2011

and now we wait....

So, it's official. Our mission papers are in! We finished our final interview with the Stake President and he has sent our papers in... so now we wait. It's been an interesting process. We learned alot filling out all the papers online - especially the 5 or 6 page health questionaire! Sheesh! But, the best part was putting our pictures in. When Lindsay was here she took some pictures of us that we could use when we submitted our papers. Originally Roger thought it would be funny to come out dressed in my dad's old red, white & blue polyester sports coat. Lindsay thought it was funny too, so she took a couple of shots with him in it. Then we took the REAL ones. Because Lindsay's camera is so wonderful, it takes these HUGE pictures. (meaning they have a huge amount of pixels!) So, when I tried to upload the picture, it was too big. Not being really techno-savvy, I didn't know how to reduce it & I don't have photo shop. So, I decided to send the picture to my brother to have him reduce it & send it back. Then I thought he'd get a kick out of seeing the picture of Roger in our dad's old jacket, so I sent that one too. He FIXED both pictures and sent them back... It took a long time for us to decide WHICH picture we should submit. What do you think?

I sort of liked the pierced ear & pierced tongue one. (my brother said he was going to add tatooed flames coming up from under the shirt collar, but thought it might be a bit much! ha) So, eventually we chose the top one & sent it in. So, long about May 20th, be watching to see which mission we get called to. Just remember us in your prayers... & pray for no place that has a "stan" on the end... Pakistan, Afghanistan, Uzbekistan.... thanks.

4 comments:

Meredith said...

That's so exciting! I can't wait to find out where you go!

Jamie and Lindsey said...

I heard about this picture! You both look great! I can't wait to hear where you are going.

Debbie said...

Dying laughing with the earing and tongue ring....I would have loved to have seen the flames though....

Mandy said...

I am laughing so hard. Love the blazer (and piercings too). YOU look gorgeous in both pictures. I love your blog and love you both. Can't wait to hear where you get called. xo Mandy (Harrison)