Thursday, November 11, 2010

Look what it did here today...

Wow... our first snow!!! I confess - all of my neighbors and ward members think I'm nuts because I just can't wait for it to snow. 30+ years of living in California & really only seeing it snow maybe twice - I just can't wait to see it snow here. I have a big oversized chair & ottoman right beside the Family Room window - and so I flip the switch on to the gas fireplace, sit in my big chair with a good book & look up to see it snow! It's beautiful. Of course, it didn't stick... or even last that long... but I was just in heaven. (Stay tuned for reports when we are out shoveling and I am cursing the day we moved to snow country ) .... but for now... It is so much fun to see actual seasons, watch the beautiful foliage turn from green to yellow, orange & red, then to see it get colder & the clouds come down & cover the mountain and it begins to snow. Then when it's over and the clouds lift... the mountain is covered! Gorgeous, ... absolutely gorgeous.

See? the snow clouds are so thick you can't even see more than 1 street over. So much for our gorgeous view of the Mt. Timpanogos temple! Still,... I love it !

1 comment:

Meredith said...

I love the first snow of the year! I don't love it all winter long, but it is always fun for a little while.