Ahhhh... retirement !! Today Roger said, just out of the blue... "Let's jump in the Porsche and go for a picnic up in the canyon." And so we did! How fun !
It was absolutely gorgeous! I am a real LOVER of fall, so all the beautiful fall colors were breathtaking. We went up into American Fork Canyon, which is only about a 20 minute drive, and stopped at a picnic area. It was cool enough for a jacket, but sunny enough to keep it enjoyable. The leaves were raining down in the breeze & we were right beside the river.
of course, since this was SUPPOSED to be a work day, and the idea had been just spur of the moment, I didn't have any makeup on or hair done... so while Roger looks GREAT... I look likethe Hag of the Woods! Nevertheless, Roger HAD to take my picture too.. ugh... just quickly scroll down....
It was such a fun day! Just a few hours out of the middle of the day & all the gorgeous fall colors to make us truly thankful to be here during the fall. How blessed we are!
It's on days like this that I wish I had those wonderful, big cameras of Brooke's or Lindsay's.They would have captured all the color so much better, but alas.. my small one will have to do.

I LOVE FALL ! I LOVE FALL !!!! I LOVE FALL !!!! I LOVE FALL !!!
7 comments:
The colors are breathtaking! Wish I was there to share it with you...but really Diedra....Hag of the Woods?????
it is GORGEOUS!!!! we love going up the canyons too - we do miss that ;) you'll have to do provo canyon with the falls. it's breath-taking :)
So fun..I am jealous we didn't get to do that when I was there...however I think Colby and I would have been a little cramped in the back of the Porsche!
"Tough as an old boot" and "Hag of the Woods"? If that's what a hag looks like, then sign me up. I think you're as breathtaking as fall colors. However, if you breakdown that concept, then I guess it means you're drying up and ready to fall of the tree. But let's not go there. I love you just the way you are!
Now that is living the retired life. The colors are so breathtaking. Thanks for sharing.
Fun keeping up with you on the blog (love the title :) I hope to one day say "Let's hop in the Porsche and . . ." Nope, that's enough, what comes after doesn't matter!
I can't imagine that a fancy camera could have captured the colors better. Those look awesome! I miss Utah!
Post a Comment